Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Happy Thanksgiving....

Good Saturday morning to one and all!

Today, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, which is quickly approaching, I thought I would post of things I am most thankful for.  As past posts have dictated and I shall reiterate...Thanksgiving is my very favorite day of the year..and hands down, the BEST holiday EVER!!  It is a day where I can flex my culinary muscles, dig into my creativity, and throw down a feast for the most important people in my life...and their friends (or family) as the case may be.  It is a day where I can count on my children and I sitting around the same table, having comedic table talk and coming together in our home filled with all manner of yummy aromas and all kinds of taste-bud tickling flavors and textures..and just the general feeling of warmth and satisfaction that come with a full belly and good company!!  Onto my list:

1)  I am most thankful for LIFE.  Without it, there would be nothing else to be thankful for.  I am grateful to wake each morning, breathe the air, see the sunshine, feel the rain, watch the snow fall, take in the natural scenery all around me, the ability to walk, talk, hear, see, feel, dream, think, work, and most importantly...good health.

2)  I am thankful for the ups and downs of life...without those, the life I am so thankful for would be boring.  It has been through my walk through the valleys of this life that I have come to truly appreciate reaching the summit.  It is through the hard truths I've had to face and own that I am able to recognize untruth.  It is through the detours I've taken or have been forced to take that I've learned how to eliminate the stories I tell myself about myself and create and embrace fresh ideas with happier outcomes.

3)  I am thankful for the lives and health of my children.  Without them, a large part of my heart would not have matured to develop the traits of selflessness and sacrifice.  Without them, I would not have given everything I have ever done my best shot.  Without them, I would not have learned so much about myself.  Without them, I would not know the blessing of a mother's love and a bond like no other.  Without them, I probably would have had a harder time reaching my summits...as their watching eyes were the consistent fuel that kept me pressing on.  The love, respect, and support they offer me is their gift and my treasure.

4)  I am thankful for my cozy home.  It is my place of solace and rest.  It is a place of shelter and comfort.  It is where I ground and express myself.  It is a storehouse of memories, laughter, tears, struggle, victory--and is the center of the true love in my life.  That LOVE gathers here every Thanksgiving.

Wrapping it up...I am also thankful for creation, forgiveness, acceptance, peace, courage, resilience, flexibility, faith, hope, strength, honesty, smiles, hugs, kindness, compassion...in a world that tests them every day.  I am also thankful for the tests...as they ignite courage, produce knowledge that leads to wisdom, and and most importantly...when the fog clears... inner peace.

God Bless and Be Well!


No comments:

Post a Comment