Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Soul-Searching

Good mIorning everyone!

I've not posted in quite a long time, and it isn't because I don't want to, nor is it for the lack of material to write about, but more because there is SO much I could write about and it is difficult to try to piece one thing together in one spot at one time.  I have a LOT going on.

I've taken a small hiatus from just about everything, as there has been a lot coming at me all at once.  I've had to slow down quite a bit, do a LOT of meditation, and just BE for a while.  It is like every new day brings with it a new set of puzzles to put together and a new discomfort of some sort.  These discomforts range from emotional to mental to physical...and ALL of them are here to tell me something and I'm a pretty sharp individual, so I think I got the big picture down, though the process of fitting the pieces together eludes me.  It is not so much the WHY's...but the HOW's.  I know why.  Usually, WHY (?)  is the biggie and I usually already know the whos, whats, whens and hows.

I believe I am going through yet another refining process right now, and have the distinct feeling that this is a BIG one.  It feels like the beginning of something I've never experienced before in my life, like I'm standing at midpoint between touching the sky and taking a hard fall and there is this unseen force constantly prodding me "what are you going to do now?"...sink or swim, run or crawl, grab onto or let go of, but I don't really know how to swim, where to run...I am directionless.  I'm stuck at the beginning of something that could ultimately define the reason for my existence.  I have a long-term vision, I have a plan, but I have this relentless "pushing" to be doing something NOW but within that long-term vision and plan, there is a "Yield" sign and I find myself at a crossroads once again.

I've been doing a LOT more listening than talking lately and a LOT more observing than taking action--which is probably the reason for my absence here.  This has been at an EXTREME level, more extreme than I've ever experienced before...and it gives me a LOT to think about.  It goes back to my post on relevance.  What worked before may not necessarily be relevant to now and now I have to figure out what works for NOW.  So instead of building (which I am so accustomed to doing)..I'm dissecting.  I know what parts are not functioning correctly, but I am having a problem with implementation of "right" replacements.  So at this point, I am motionless.

The one thing I know for sure is this:  I KNOW who I am.  I know why I do everything I do (or did everything I did), and through this dissection process I'm finding all of the parts and pieces...so I can ultimately find out ALL of what I'm made of and update some things to make them more apropos to the changing times.

I wish to all a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment