Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It's all in the attitude

Good morning friends & Happy Valentine's day!!

I'm just gonna get started with my point for the day and leave the comments about the weather and small talk alone.

Lately, I have been reminded how critical one's attitude is in anything. I've been a bit down on myself as of late as I have felt rather disappointed and discouraged. When discouragement becomes a resounding part of one's daily life, it begins to negatively effect your spirit. You begin to feel that others view you as worthless and therefore, you begin to believe it yourself. I'm not gonna lie, this past couple of months has been a terrible, terrible time. My entire existence has become reduced to worry and it seems the only relief I get is during sleep. Yesterday, I got some news that could potentially begin to swing the pendulum in the other direction for me--it is not exactly what I had envisioned to get me completely out of my slump, but it will go far in changing my attitude, and THAT is the single-most important event to any new beginning.

I recall watching T.D. Jakes one time where he was speaking about this very dynamic. He stated that you cannot go into a "management position" with a "sales associate" attitude. Each change should bring about a new attitude that falls in line with it. It should give you new perspective, and a new lesson. And, from where I stand, it certainly has done that. I have learned to appreciate those things that I once took for granted and never thought twice about and even when I hear others speak negatively about the blessings they have that I once had (and spoke negatively about too, when I had them)it bothers me.

When I am offered a chance to add something to my life that I've lost or that has been sorely missed, I embrace that chance with open arms and an attitude of appreciation and application of the lessons I have learned during that loss. It makes me want to be better, more attentive, less judgmental, more giving...whatever it was that I perceived myself to be falling short of before. I've also learned that a chance may not always be exactly what you WANT or immediately NEED, but if it, in any small way is an improvement, then treat it as if it is your life saver. I don't know about you, but I don't think if anyone were out on the water drowning, they would be picky about what "thing" could very well be responsible for saving their life, do you? It may not be the National Guard on a boat, throwing you a life preserver and reeling you in to immediate safety, it may be an old log drifting by and it may take days to reach safety, but you DO what you have to do to survive--and I don't know about you...but I would keep that log near and dear to me if it were, in fact, responsible for my second chance and my ATTITUDE about life would definitely change. When you are faced with sink or swim...you LEARN a lot. If you don't, chances are you are emotionally/spiritually bankrupt.

My take, if you want something badly enough, your attitude will reflect that. Here's something that some don't realize: It will also reflect the reasons you want it...whether it is sacrificial or self-serving, whether it is meaningful or superficial and whether you learn from mistakes or repeat them. All of this can be read in one's attitude and actions.

I am looking at today as my potential lifesaver, and I am grabbing on to it with the attitude that my life depends upon it...and hopefully, it will lead me to safety. I am grateful for any chance I am offered in this life...are you?

"All human action has one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsion, habit, reason, passion and desire."~Aristotle.

"A truly great person is the one who gives you a chance."~Author unknown.

"When a man is pushed, tormented, and defeated, he has the chance to learn something."~Ralph Waldo Emerson.

"Chance favors the prepared mind."~Louis Pasteur.

"He who has so little knowledge of human nature as to seek happiness by changing anything but his own disposition will waste his life in fruitless efforts."~Samuel Johnson..

"I always plucked a thistle and planted a flower where I thought a flower would grow."~Abraham Lincoln.

Good day to all...attitude is everything. If you think it, speak it. If you speak it, DO it. If you DO it, put everything you have into it. It will come back to you. You get back what you give.

Love ya's
Raina

P.S. A second chance means nothing unless you have learned from your first mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment