Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Friday, March 29, 2013

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may..."

Good Morning Family!!

I decided that I would post today...being Good (or Holy) Friday.  Because of the "height-range" of my thoughts and beliefs, I simply cannot limit myself to one set of principles/teachings/or any specific reverence quotient as it/they refer to "God"--I do; however, find it quite apropos to celebrate this year alongside my Christian family due to the fateful correlative time-frame of my very own spiritual resurrection.

As you all know, as I have made sure that you do...I have received much wise counsel and clear insight into myself and my work from a voice of the ages which has served to breathe new life into me, and therefore, my work.  This voice then went on to acquaint me with another who then sought to critique the work of the first---who served me up a heaping dish of EPIPHANY.  I'm not even gonna go into any explanation about that because you probably wouldn't believe it if you had been there to experience it yourself...but that is the way of mystery, I suppose.  Since my recent introduction to myself (as a writer) by these masters of prose, I have satirically declared myself  an honorary member of the "Dead Poets Society"--AND we will just leave THAT.... right there!

So in the spirit of resurrected spirit, I would like to share with you a piece I composed that will appear within the introduction of my (yet untitled & unfinished) book.  I feel it proper to let you know that this piece was begun as a completely separate endeavor from the book, though with my recent induction to the Dead Poets Society, I felt rather inclined to revisit its (also yet unfinished) content.  As I skimmed the text, the last few verses added themselves, and much to my surprise, I found it to be a very concise introduction AND summation of my book!!!  The melodic and poetic nature of this piece adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the entire project...from beginning to end,  Who would have known??  So.... without further adieu:

VOYAGE

As I walk across this stage of life my lines become a blur,
Between the points of now and then, the known and the obscure.

I travel on in search of all that’s real and true of love,
Between the points of if and when, of under and above.

I've found myself upon the lane of lonely and self-doubt,
Betwixt the bridge of why/why not, of with and of without.

Across this bridge, I dove into the sea of guilt and shame,
And swam across the channel of the difference and the same.

I've crawled upon the island of lonely and despair,
And wandered paths of unknown space that crossed from here to there.

I've climbed atop a mountain and gained a clearer view,
Of the intersecting trails of how to think and what to do.

I've found myself in places where my only sense was sight,
And felt the most engulfing peace in the darkness mixed with light.

I’ve walked a thinning tightrope between right and what seemed wrong,
And asked myself repeatedly, “Am I weak or am I strong?”

I’ve come upon the intersect of Promise Street and Dread,
Where the street light blinks relentlessly--“To Lead or To Be Led.”

I know that all these differences somehow hold the key,
To unlock all the sameness that resides in you and me.

And in this space of boundless grace, we each for all abide.
Lay silent in the deepest place where think and feel collide.

This place is called “Acceptance” where love does never cease
It is the sum of all above…that road to inner peace.

And once alas we do arrive, we can then reconcile--
The reasons why we so deprived ourselves in our exile.

The lines once gauging difference there, here slowly disappear.
And joy then comes to infiltrate that space closed off in fear.

So now I stand upon this stage and wisdom can now reason
There is a time for everything, and to everything its season.

Copyright © 2012 R.A. Keller.  All Rights Reserved.


Today, I hope that you will know freedom, peace, and grace;
Until next time...we meet again,
In our sacred gathering place.

Please now take a moment to visit the URL posted below--.
http://youtu.be/veYR3ZC9wMQ

...and that's a wrap!
Raina

No comments:

Post a Comment