Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Blazin' trails...

Hello everyone...

Woke up to a beautiful COOL morning..temps only supposed to get into the mid-70s today...my kinda weather right there!! I realize my post yesterday was pretty "whiney"..but I gotta tell ya..it helped me so much just to vent how I was feeling and it felt as if a weight had been lifted. Believe it or not, I feel a LOT better about myself having said just a few positive words about myself and it made me dig even deeper into the differences in people (of course). There are superficial "look at me" traits and there are genuine, deep-seated "know me" traits. Here is the difference:

Superficial:
1. Physical beauty (this is a no-brainer).
2. Being "nice." which include the following:
a. Saying "situation-appropriate" things.
b. Doing "situation-appropriate" things.
3. Doing as "others" do, societal norms.
4. Politeness.

Genuine:
1. Inner beauty, that which makes has not choice but to MAKE the outside beautiful as well.
2. Being "good", which include the following:
a. Saying what NEEDS to be said despite the situation.
b. Doing what NEEDS to be done, despite the situation.
c. Staying true to yourself, your conscience, your values, despite societal norms.
d. Compassion/truth/honesty (moral compass).

As you will note, the first set of traits are SELF motivated...they are used on others to gain for self. In other words, there is usually an agenda or something we are working for or looking to gain by superficial means. If I am outwardly beautiful, I will turn heads, and I like that kind of attention. If I do and say things in a situation that will make me look GOOD, then people will automatically believe that I am. It is all to make impressions on others so that we can gain admiration...people are NICE for all kinds of reasons...even the most mean and ornary people can be nice if there is something to gain from it...a new job, a new lover, a minute's peace...whatever they seek, they USE persona and/or "position" to get!! However, the gain from such traits is usually temporary and meaningless...you can't get something deep and meaningful from something that only scratches the surface, right? They are used to convince certain people that you are this or that, or you feel this way or that way, or you believe this way or that way...but not EVERYONE sees the same person..dig it?

The second set of traits; however, come from a different place altogether...they CAN and DO render the same effect, but the effect is LASTING and MEANINFUL. Connections made by means of being yourself, being of good character and displaying your values by word and deed convince EVERYONE that you are who you present yourself to be. You will never get a conflict of opinion on WHO you are. Some people may not "like" your honesty or the way you act...but there is no discrepancy in WHO you are because what you say and how you act and what you do are in accordance one with the other...always. And once you figure out who you are and you like who you are...you really don't give a rat's ass if others like you or not because deep down inside, you KNOW you have stayed true in every way to the "display" and you have been the BEST you that YOU can be, so you understand that there is no pleasing everyone. I love that saying "I would rather be hated for who I am than to be loved for what I am not." This is the DIFFERENCE right here folks.

It may be nice to gather attention from those you feel will benefit you in some way...emotionally, financially, position-in-life-wise, but eventually, they will figure it all out.

Those who lie or put up fronts can be VERY NICE...but it doesn't make them trustworthy or good. Those who are beautiful on the outside are not necessarily beautiful inside. Those who are charasmatic, smart, and funny, say all the right things, and do all the right things are not necessarily all that you see. Look at the actions...and you will find the truth..and I guarantee you, there WILL be a discrepancy between what is being "displayed" and what truly is...and you will know that these niceties are being put on for THEIR benefit in one way or another. It is not for you...it is to extract from you the same benefit they are giving you by said words/actions.

Now ask yourself...do you want to spend the rest of your life bartering for genuine, long-lasting happiness...trading it back and forth over and over again to never find it..OR..do you want people to love and want to be around you because you are WHO you are, that their esteem for you is real, and that you can keep giving them what it is that they love about you with no effort whatsoever...and KNOW what happiness really is..

So yeah, this is what my post yesterday did for me. I'm back on the right track..."those who know me, know me well...those who don't..." well, you solve that riddle!!

“The most important ingredient we put into any relationship is not what we say or what we do, but what we are. And if our words and our actions come from superficial human relations techniques (the Personality Ethic) rather than from our own inner core (the Character Ethic), others will sense that duplicity. We simply won't be able to create and sustain the foundation necessary for effective interdependence.”~ Stephen R. Covey.

Yeah ^^^^ what he said....

Wishing you all a great day and a harmonious relationship with all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment