Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep..."

Good morning friends!!

Again, another small respite from my blog. I have been SO busy learning new things and taking time to enjoy the company that surrounds me at any given time. First of all, I need to say a hearfelt "thank-you" to all of my friends and loved ones who have come out of the woodwork (some I haven't really been in a whole lot of contact with in YEARS even) to show love, encouragement, and support and to share a laugh with me. It is very humbling for me and it makes me smile and sometimes cry out of gratitude. I never really realized, I guess, that people saw me the way they see me...but I am finding that they see me the way I sorta see myself..and this blesses me, encourages me, and makes me feel like I am making some sort of difference and the return of their compassion and concern for me has made all the difference to me as well. Again, thank you SOOO very much!

In my most recent struggle, I have mentioned before that doors were opening for me and opportunities were splayed right out in front of me almost at every turn...but at the same time, I have also been exposed to to circumstances that coin the saying "no matter how bad you think you have it, there is always someone worse off than you." Funny, whenever circumstances throw in my path the need for self "rehab", I encounter (out of the blue) someone else who has a struggle going on that I cannot even fathom happening to me and these are things I have NEVER experienced before and wouldn't ever want to--devastating loss of epic proportion. The best way to put your troubles behind you is to be of some sort of service to others in theirs. This is HUMANITY, HUMILITY, and selflessness. These are the character traits of God. I was given, and NOW, it is my turn to GIVE back. I feel so fortunate to be attuned to this universal language of love and everything starts with ONE.

EMPATHY is the gateway to UNDERSTANDING. Without it, we are only a body governed by a mind. Our level of understanding and emotional intelligence is rendered to nothing more than TACTIC. When science can dissect our body's organs to the micro-molecular level and identify our soul and our conscience, then I will believe that we were put here for nothing more than to satisfy ourselves to gluttony. Until that time...I am believing in something MUCH bigger, more complex, and omnipotent. THIS is what truly separates us...those with and those without, those who do and those who do not.

With that being said...my heart goes out to you Michelle, Nancy, Susan, and Tina. Thank you for extending to me a peek inside of your courage and your positive attitude in the midst of such loss...you are ALL very inspirational to me. You have shown me that my "percieved struggle" is minute, if not even nonexistant in comparison.

“If you wish to experience peace, provide peace for another.”~ Dalai Lama

"Wisdom ceases to be wisdom when it becomes too proud to weep, too grave to laugh, and too selfish to seek other than itself.”~ Kahlil Gibran

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” ~ Kahlil Gibran

“Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh, and the greatness which does not bow before children.” ~
Kahlil Gibran

Today, LISTEN to someone EVEN IF they don't bid your attention.

Much love..










No comments:

Post a Comment