Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pierced for other's transgressions...

Good morning family!!

It has been a HOT ONE round these parts...wow...and even AC doesn't keep you from overheating...but at least allows you to breathe!!  Air is very thick and moist...but you'll have that from time to time :)

Anyway...I wasn't planning on posting this morning really, as it has proven to be a time of sitting back, watching, listening, and being silent.  It is "deposit" time again---where I recharge, refuel, and refill!! Although, as I was scrolling down through FB this morning...there was a "picture post" about Jesus being "pierced for our transgressions and crushed for our iniquities."  It's funny, but ANY biblical quote or scripture I can directly relate to my own life...AND the lives of all others---and no matter what...they ALL fit.  If in keeping with the thought that Jesus is metaphor for each and every one of us...his life...the trials, tribulations, struggle, betrayal, death, rising up...love, patience, hope, and faith---the message it sends is astonishing, really.

How many times have you been "pierced" (deeply wounded) by the actions of another?  And how many times on your way to what you had a feeling was ultimately going to happen did you sit alone, scared to death and say "Oh God, why me?"  And how many times did you do EVERYTHING you possibly could to avoid that ultimate circumstance (take this cup from me if it be your will), and no matter what you did...it happened anyway...and after all of the death and mourning, did you rise again...to peace more abundant than you've ever experienced before?  I don't know about you...but the word MANY comes to mind with me.  And each struggle seems to get tougher and each death takes more from you, but with each subsequent rising...the peace ALSO becomes more impenetrable, more appreciated...until you learn that it is a natural cycle that everyone goes through.  No one is immune...no one cheats their way through it.

I believe that this metaphor is to teach that WE do not and cannot control others--all we can do is LOVE and surrender.  And even though love comes with a hefty price sometimes, it is one that ALWAYS gives us back an equitable return--that no one else is responsible for paying.  It also teaches that our path is already designed to fit into "God's plan"--maybe some of the circumstances leading up to a fall are of our own design, but the outcome is always there to let us know whether or not something is meant to be....in keeping with that plan.  Let's face it...we know ourselves better than anyone else...we know at times how we will react to road-blocks...we know our character traits...but we seem to focus a lot on the ones that are strongest...and we "forget" our weaknesses...but we DO KNOW them as well--we try to overcompensate with what we perceive to be our greatest strengths so that we can "avoid" looking at our weaknesses (but in reality, contained within what we view to be our greatest strength, we find our greatest weakness).  Struggle in life serves to bring to light those weaknesses...especially if we have found ourselves in some sort of reoccurring situation that always brings the same outcome.  It is there to sharpen our vision to foresee.  When you begin to develop this foresight...you find that your focus becomes one of "the best for ALL"---but this time YOU are included in that...and you are not so willing to fully cast yourself aside for the sake of another but that you act in a manner that allows someone else's path to unfold to its design without throwing yours off course.  YOU cannot be ANYONE ELSE'S savior...but only your own.  When this principle is learned and practiced...true peace enters.

This is not to say that you should not offer support....this is to say that there are boundaries and when you find the middle-ground and place of balance in this boundary...you find that you are not meant to be anyone else's quick-fix, nor are you responsible in any way to cover their consequence or "take them away" with your selflessness.  Wisdom, integrity, moral compass...all are bought at a very high price, but once procured, are cared for and protected because of how hard they were to come by.

I've identified my weakness and it now LIVES in check.  It has taken me my entire life, but I made it, and I wouldn't trade my life now for anything.  I had to go through it to grow from it...I had everything I needed to make it, really...I just had to identify the weaknesses that kept tripping me up along the way over and over again.  Now, I feel like every day I wake up, I am blessed and instead of longing for things, I now wait in anticipation for good things to come to me and others--as they are designed.  I don't try to step in and "rush" the process...I don't touch it AT ALL.  I let it be, let it go, and let it come.

"Surrender is the faith that the power of LOVE can accomplish anything even when you cannot foresee the outcome."~Deepak Chopra.

"You're in the midst of a war:  A battle between the limits of a crowd seeking the surrender of your dreams and the power of your true vision to create and contribute.  It is a fight between those who will tell you what you cannot do and the part of you that knows and has always known that we are more than our environment; and that a dream backed by an unrelenting will to attain it,  is truly a reality with an imminent arrival."~Anthony Robbins.

The consequence we suffer is our own cross to bear.  The freedom we acquire is our own life to live.  The peace we find comes from accepting these principles.

....That's all folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment