Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Friday, July 27, 2012

"I will contend with those who contend with you."




Hi everyone!!

Wow!!  Close to 5 o'clock yesterday morning, it began to rain...I immediately jumped out of bed because I thought that I had left the driver's side window down on my car (which I had)...grabbed a long jacket, threw it on and ran outdoors to close it.  As I was coming back onto my porch, I just happened to be facing across the street when I heard a very low-toned, but loud surge of electricity and then out of nowhere, a ball of light flashed on the ground in the driveway (only about 6 feet away from my across-the-street neighbors house), there was a HUGE crack and then sparks flew everywhere like a 4th of July firework that blew up on the ground...and it was only about 40 feet away from me.  Needless to say, I wasted NO time skee-daddling my little ass right back into the house thinking..."THAT was just too close for comfort."  I had never seen anything like that before, let alone being able to witness it from beginning to end THAT close to me.  As utterly amazing as the audiovisual effect was...it was also scary as hell!!  Nature, as docile as she can be when we awaken to a sun-lit room, birds singing and a gentle breeze blowing....can also be SO treacherous given the right conditions.  She demands your respect, that's for sure!!  I'm grateful that nothing suffered any harm from it.  

As I sat in my kitchen reviewing in my mind what had just transpired before my very eyes, and how the timing of this event played out SO perfectly, and how I was probably the ONLY ONE who experienced this natural phenomenon as it played out.  I thought about how it was close enough to fully experience, yet  far enough away not to harm...how it elicited within me both a sense of wonder and a sense of fear at the same time...and how it had power to do serious damage, and yet didn't and how the probability of this ever happening in the same place at the same time is VERY slim to none..and yet there I was, a part of this frozen moment in time and for some reason....it hit me as if it were the ultimate end of a sentence...punctuated by an irrefutable exclamation point with a real sense of DEMAND.  I had no choice but to be advised.

I take a lot of my cues in life from nature, really.  It teaches me the simplest, yet the most profound things---and I am so grateful that I can listen to her and understand her and that she reminds me everyday of the vast amount of possibility that lay at my fingertips.  There is always something to explore and find.  Though most  times, she communicates in whispers...there are also times when she demands to be heard.  Understanding her is futile to those who don't know and understand themselves.  They will never be privy to her secrets, her endless vat of infinite knowledge, instruction, and her comforting ways.  She is real, yet so unpredictable at times, though the deepest aspects of her are unchangeable and can be fully relied upon.  She is bright, beautiful, colorful, and animated.  She makes music, writes poetry, paints scenery, and supports life.  She smiles, she cries, she dances...and she sits in silence...but she grows....AND she is what she is...she never tries to be something she is not.  You love, appreciate, accept and understand her...or you don't...and guess what?  She doesn't give a shit either way because she doesn't exist for anyone's approval.  She is the ultimate display of truth and integrity, grace and strength.  She is abundantly accepting, but equally defensive of her honor.  She lulls and she strikes out.  She has boundary...and though, she is most forgiving, she is also the high priestess of justice.   When she speaks...I listen--always---no matter if I have to strain to hear her or if her message is loud and clear.  I've learned that in so doing, I will never be let down.  I will always know right where I stand with and amidst her without any question.  She lives in sharp contrast to the world and the ways of it...the swaying back and forth of ideals, belief, and action based upon prejudice and the self-seeking nature of its condition, all of the senseless acts of hatred, selfishness, and greed--and the propaganda that creates disharmony, divides...in its attempts to conquer.  But nature is bigger, stronger, and wiser...and has power beyond the mind's capability to imagine or envision. 

Every minute of our day is spent making choices.  We don't even realize this until it is pointed out to us---but it is indeed true.  This is what our ENTIRE life is made of...this is what defines us...makes us recognizable to others...and either lends us credibility or completely destroys the slightest chance of ever earning it.  It also shows where we call "home" and what example we emulate.  There are only two paths...and every one of the gazillion choices we make in this life follow one of the two, as there is no way to go both ways.  Every choice we make places a stamp upon our foreheads which goes BEFORE us...are you a societal sell-out, or a natural phenomenon?   Here's the thing...you don't even have to answer that...nature already knows---though society could be and probably IS confused.  

"Life is the sum of all of your choices."~Albert Camus.

"Decisions become a lot easier when your will to please God outweighs your will to please the world."~Anso Coetzer.  

"While we are free to choose our actions, we are not free to choose the consequences of our actions."~Stephen R. Covey.  

"Man's heart away from nature becomes hard."~Standing Bear.  

"Never does nature say one thing and wisdom another."~Juvenal, Satires.

"Look deep into nature, and you will understand everything better. "~Albert Einstein.

"Nature hates calculators."~Ralph Waldo Emerson.   

I'm going to end right there for today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment