Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

"He has to walk...."

Hello and happy Sunday morning to everyone:

I have kind of gone back on my promise to myself to post something every day, but I forgive myself cuz sometimes, life just happens and sometimes, you LIVE it instead of trying to figure out reasons not to. This comes closest to my explanation of my brief hiatus. I'm in the middle of a learning curve right now that demands my attention...and we all know what learning does..it provides interesting conversation and builds wisdom. It is much like the narration of a story...you pretty much have to know the story line in and out to be able to narrate effectively and provide your listeners with enough credibility to take them through beginning to end. This is true as well for a writer. Writing is an outlet for the writer, and entertainment or a teaching tool for the reader. In order to pull something out, there has to be something in there. So this is what I have been doin'--fillin' up!

I'd like to talk a bit today about grace. The type of grace related to approval/favor/mercy/pardon/privilege/reprieve and not so much the opposite of clumbsy.

This is what I believe to be experiencing now. It pretty much could be termed the "unknown virtue" and it is the ONLY one that we have absolutely no control over, which is why it is so elusive in nature. We need to participate in kindness, patience, compassion, forgiveness, to name a few, and we all know how difficult it is to practice these virtues and make them a part of our every day existence because of circumstance. However, grace is more of an "energy given" BUT it seems that it is what results in the above-mentioned virtues but happens in ways that we least expect it and at times that we wouldn't fathom, but when it does happen, we realize it has. I take my cues from energies...I can read them and understand them and I pretty much know what is required of me in those cirumstances. I can hope and pray for something and I can see how the circumstances line up to that specific hope to provide grace, but I've realized that grace has its own time and its own way...and I believe this is God's way of continually letting us KNOW that spiritual intelligence way outweighs mental capability to comprehend. When this is recognized, you stand in awe and think..."now why didn't I think of that" or "how come I didn't see this result out of the many potential results I predicted" and this is because God is the master designer...PERIOD and this higher power uses grace to illustrate how when we think we know it all, we really know nothing. I have had a couple occurrences in the past few months where I was so sure that "something" was going to happen in a certain situation as I could feel the vibe and I even expressed pretty much "This is what is going to happen." BUT MAN...just like a well-written screen-play....when the end came, I had to retrace the events leading up. It did not happen in the way I would have expected or FEARED that it would, but rather in a way that evoked the GREATER GOOD and bigger benefit for all...it was a way that it had no choice but to evoke DEEP thought and render cold, hard truth. Some may call this Karma...and I do too. But Karma is not Karma if it does not teach...and when it does, it becomes grace...It is a chance given by the cosmos to stop, think, and move in a different direction, but it tends to do so in a way that makes any other route impossible.

It becomes an adjusting of your attitude...but in a way that is virtually unavoidable. For example: If there is a car crash and they extricate the driver and he/she is deceased at the scene, medical experts have the ability to be able to evaluate all of the injuries and pretty much with close to 100% accuracy, point out a single cause of death. However, if you have an identical accident and the driver him/herself walks away from it with bumps and bruises despite the fact that the vehicle looks as though that could not be possible...no one studies the cause of LIFE or can tell you with close to 100% accuracy what caused that person to LIVE through it.

There seems to be an unavoidable, almost undeniable recognition of something in your life that you just keep coming back to, no matter the number of negative circumstance surrounding it. I had mentioned in a prior post, pride and principal. These two cannot effectively work against destiny.. and destiny, is where grace steps in...it is a nudging you in the direction that deep down, you really KNOW you need to go, but your ego, your pride, and your mind may fight and tell you otherwise...but if you RECOGNIZE grace in its infinite wisdom, you become CONVINCED despite yourself that the road you have traveled thus far has been the right road, only most times, there are twists and turns that you did not expect but become the epitome of the journey once the destination is reached. And funny, how this KNOWING is where you ultimately end up when you render yourself to the evidence displayed by grace...it becomes a validation.

What I knew would happen, happened in a very interesting, unexpected, and wonderful way...and I had NOTHING to do with it...and to be honest, I am very glad it didn't happen the way I had envisioned it...but the central idea had come to fruition..and I am thankful.

"Grace is given to heal the spiritually sick, not to decorate spiritual heroes."~Martin Luther King Jr.

"Grace is to the body what good manners are to the mind."Francois de la Rochefoucauld.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and not of yourselves; it is a gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast."~Holy Bible.

An avowel of poverty is no disgrace to any man; to make no effort to escape it is indeed disgraceful."~Thucydides.

Have a great day...and remember, recognize those signs of grace and utilize them in reaching your destiny...that is what they are there for!!

Much love..

Signed,
Grateful, thankful, hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment