Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I think I can...

Good Evening!

It is Father's Day 2011 and I am sitting at my kitchen island thinking, I really oughta post something in my blog...it's been a while. I am really at a loss right now as to what to share other than mundane, everyday crap. I do; however, have a bit of a hurdle I am trying to jump over and it keeps catching me in the shins...this little thing called insecurity/worry. Everything else in my life seems to be falling quite nicely into place, I am happy. I have a very hard time letting go of some things tho. It isn't that I don't want to...like these things benefit me in any way...I think I have just been playing the "one step ahead" game for so long, it is hard to work your way out of that sort of thought process. I am not going to be too aweful hard on myself though because, I am TRYING and I have made several little steps in the right direction. It is a process and will take time...it becomes habitual/second nature. Sometimes...it just seems to big for me to conquer, but I LOVE a challenge!! The thing is, I know that letting it go will free me...I think I am just afraid to be completely free or something...or to give more of me than is SAFE to give...but I will say it again, there are no guarantees and there is a risk component to every decision we make and I KNOW I can do this...but I need to be patient with myself...nothing wonderful EVER comes overnight...or without hard work. Baby steps..

Well, that is really all I have to share today, other than Happy Father's Day to all the men out there fortunate enough to be called "dad." My dad is not with me physically anymore, but always with me in spirit..so to you dad.."Happy Daddy's Day...I miss your face!!

"It's not who you are that holds you back,it's who you think you're not." ~Unknown.

"The light of starry dreams can only be seen once we escape the binding cities of disbelief."~Shawn Purvis.

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment