Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Three, is the magic number...yes it is...the magic number...

What a beautiful morning...we have had some pretty gnarly thunderstorms overnight for the past two nights! This morning, I was awakened at 3:33...by a huge clap of thunder...and I do NOT like that time! Although I have found that throughout my life the number 3 follows me EVERYWHERE..3 a.m. gets a bad wrap for "darkness" as this seems to be the time when sinister things seem to happen...but the number 3 also denotes TRUTH...and that kids, is what I am all about! I remember years ago waking up, looking at my clock--it was 3:33..and no sooner did I take my eyes of the clock, the CD player in my daughters' room across the hall began to play the 3rd track of the CD that was in it...yeah..all by itself!! Freaked me OUT! I researched and researched thinking someone from the other side was trying to get my attention...I sort of figured it was a dear friend of mine who unfortunately took his own life....his birthday was June 3 and when I went to his gravesite, I was reminded that his marker had a picture of his favorite NASCAR driver with his car on it...Harry Gant...#33..so there are some three's up in there right? On Father's day, my honey and I went to the cemetary to pay a visit to his beloved son and while there, I expressed that my dad was buried there as well but every time I looked for his marker, I could never find him!! As we were driving out of the cemetary, by honey said.."right there..that gray stone" so we got out of the truck and walked over and THERE he was---in section 6, 3 rows back..3+3+3...yeah. Below, I will share just a little bit of the significance of 3...read on...

The Number Three
In this number we have quite a new set of phenomena. We come to the first geometrical figure. Two straight lines cannot possibly enclose any space, or form a plane figure; neither can two plan surfaces form a solid. Three lines are necessary to form a plan figure; and three dimensions of length, breadth, and height, are necessary to form a solid. Hence three is the symbol of the cube--the simplest form of solid figure. As two is the symbol of the square, or plane contents (x2), so three is the symbol of the cube, or solid contents (x3).

Three, therefore, stands for that which is solid, real, substantial, complete, and entire.

All things that are specially complete are stamped with this number three.

God's attributes are three: omniscience, omnipresence, and omnipotence.

There are three great divisions completing time--past, present, and future.

Three persons, in grammar, express and include all the relationships of mankind.

Thought, word, and deed, complete the sum of human capability.

Three degrees of comparison complete our knowledge of qualities.

The simplest proposition requires three things to complete it; viz., the subject, the predicate, and the copula.

Three propositions are necessary to complete the simplest form of argument--the major premiss, the minor, and the conclusion.

Three kingdoms embrace our ideas of matter--mineral, vegetable, and animal.


When we turn to the Scriptures, this completion becomes Divine, and marks Divine completeness or perfection.

Three is the first of four perfect numbers.

Three denotes divine perfection;
Seven denotes spiritual perfection;
Ten denotes ordinal perfection; and
Twelve denotes governmental perfection.
Hence the number three points us to what is real, essential, perfect, substantial, complete

So...the next time you see the number 3, 33 or 333...it may not be "bewitching" in any form...it may just be a message that you are doin' okay!!

Blessings..

No comments:

Post a Comment