Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Monday, September 26, 2011

How bout a little wine-tasting with your star-gazing...Don't mind if I do!

Hello everyone!

It's Monday morning, and I was up pretty early because I have all kinds of thoughts running through my mind that need to be purged...LUCKY YOU!!

Lately, I have been a multitasking maniac. Been cleaning out the "closets", getting rid of the things that don't work that have taken up precious space for way too long. I've been doing some networking, bringing in some NEW, working things to replace the old, been polishing up those valuable things that have been tossed aside and gathering dust while I was SO BUSY trying to get those BROKEN things to work again...all the TIME I invested in those things only to find, they had seen their day and even I, could not will them to live again (imagine THAT!!) And what about those "valuable" things that lay unattended to in my mission to FIX that which could NOT be fixed? Man, how shiny they have become since I have given them the attention they deserve...all polished up, lookin' pretty, reflecting light instead of just absorbing it. The new things I speak of that I have brought in are nothing more than DISPLAYS for those things of value I have kept and came back to..and because I have gotten rid of all the useless things, I actually have the space to DISPLAY them!! What a revelation! And even more a revelation is that ANY epiphany comes in the midst of our "low times", our heartbreak, our confusion, our depression, and WHEN we begin to search for it in the healing process.

Taking OFF the old wine skins now. Very powerful thought right here...."If you are in a room, and you seem to be the one everybody comes to for support, for advice, for information, for a shoulder to cry on....YOU ARE IN THE WRONG ROOM!!!"~ T.D. Jakes. Funny how this again coincides with what I have been doing in my life. It is NOW time for MY blessing! So I am taking this time to prepare for it. "Idle hands are the devil's workshop."--INDEED.

I've seen a complete shift in what has become my lifelong paradigm. My empathetic/empathic and compassionate disposition has always been one to "reach out" all the time. I have given when I didn't think I had anything to spare...but I never cared...I just kept on giving. What I have come to realize is that if you give someone something from nothing...how valuable is it really? I have always kind of looked at myself as a vessel that NEVER empties, I just keep pouring, and pouring, and substance DOES come out, but how RICH is it?? How seasoned can it be if it is not given the time it needs to steep and absorb to become rich? Water will sustain you and keep you alive...BUT WINE is FRUIT + water...so today, I am throwin' some fruit up in that water and GIVING it TIME to AGE.

I am now networking on a much grander scale, branching out, and settling for nothing less than people who work "WITH" me, bring something that I don't KNOW to the table, and offering something to them something they may not be aware of...it is give and take and this is what constitutes a productive "partnership." Being the one people always come to is something valuable to achieve, as you are looked upon with great esteem; however, when I begin to esteem myself less as they esteem me more, it means my lifeblood and "stored" nutrients are being given to sustain someone else's life...and if I am to KEEP giving this "substance", I FIRST need to allow it to season so that I may absorb some myself, or what I have left will only serve to SUSTAIN me and those to whom I offer it...it will lose it's ability to EMPOWER for the best possible outcome..as it becomes watered-down. To lend tangible aspect to this metaphoric message...ponder this question: "should a woman with child deny herself food and starve herself?" And if she doesn't take in proper nutrients during her pregnancy, what happens?

I am reaching for the stars these days, going BIG and NOT staying home. It is TIME to embrace the grander SCALE of my life. I am almost ready, but in the meantime, I prepare...and allow myself time to be encouraged in this preparation...because something bout to BLOW up in here...I can FEEL it...everything is moving forward at time-warp speed. I have come SO far in such a short period of time, and I would have to believe that it is because IT IS TIME. I cannot just sit around and wait for it to happen...I have to be proactive in MAKING it happen..the plan is there...the manner in which I achieve it is all in the preparation and networking.

In lieu of the "standard" quotes that I usually insert at the end of my posts...today, I would like to give ya'll a fun little fact...and then challenge you to "read into it" metaphorically:

One of the short-term aging needs of wine is a period where the wine is considered "sick" due to the trauma and volatility of the bottling experience. During bottling some oxygen is exposed to the wine, causing a domino effect of chemical reaction with various components of the wine. The time it takes for the wine to settle down and have the oxygen fully dissolve and integrate with the wine is considered its period of "bottle shock". During this time the wine could taste drastically different than it did prior to bottling or how it will taste after the wine has settled. While many modern bottling lines try to treat the wine as gently as possible and utilize inert gases to minimize the amount of oxygen exposure, all wine goes through some period of bottle shock. The length of this period will vary with each individual wine.

Ya'll have a great day out there, where-ever you are...cuz I plan on it!! SALUTE!

No comments:

Post a Comment