Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living LARGE...whether standing at the top or making my way there.

Sitting here this morning doing my usual morning ritual of scrolling my FB page, sippin my hot coffee, and THINKING. It is SO quiet here first thing in the morning when my internal clock wakes me. I relish my "morning time," as it has become MY time to sort things out, pay bills, or to just BE. I sit here and think this morning how crazy it is how the worries of today leave once today becomes yesterday. I even laugh to myself as my "first impression" of something may change the minute I revisit it, and how my sense of humor about things is increasing, while my worry decreases. I find myself saying "ya know, it isn't really as bad as I first thought it was" and I try to figure out a diplomatic way of reckoning it within myself and approaching others (if that is the case). There are also the things of yesterday, I have learned that are best kept there, as they have not really proven to be of any benefit to my growth in moving forward. So with these thoughts in mind, I would like to thank a "higher power" or the "powers that be" for TODAY and hope I will be blessed enough to prosper through it and greet tomorrow. Though yesterday is filled with a wisdom of its very own, yesterday is a place we visit to bring balance to the challenges that today will inevitably bring to spring us into action for a better tomorrow. Laughter IS the best medicine, smiling is contagious, and "LOVE covers a multitude of sin."

With that being said, I will point out that there is a duality to worry. Unhealthy worry begins to take the place of action...it is a deterrent, a catalyst for backpedaling, excuse-making, and fault-finding. On the other side of the spectrum is healthy worry, but this type of worry seems to lead us to a question we pose to ourselves which sounds a bit like this "what can I do to change this situation that is causing such worry?" Healthy worry lends to us the understanding that this is NOT someone else's problem, it is not our neighbor's worry, our spouse's worry, your children's worry...it is OURS..and what we DO with it TODAY will dictate whether or not it becomes a point of reference toward growth or RULES our life and forces us into a "percieved safety" and seclusion....tomorrow. Dig it?? We NEED to start owning our own lives, our own action, our own MINDS.

No one will ever see us the way we see ourselves and our circumstance will NEVER change by merely "wanting" it to or permitting it OWN us. If we EARN admiration and respect from others, that is just a benefit that comes with being true to ourselves and our purpose...we don't CAUSE that admiration/respect to flow from another...it is ultimately THEIR decision whether or not to lend it to us, only AFTER we know we have earned it. It is not a cause-and-effect scenario...yet, this is what we get stuck on. "If I do this, then this person will react in this way." We lean too much to others to "solidify" and "accept" for all the wrong reasons. We tend to make a decision based upon what will shed the brightest light upon us through the eyes of another JUST for that purpose, because it makes US feel good, instead of "I will do this because THIS is what is IN ME to do after I have considered ALL things." There is a very CLEAR line between "building" a persona and just being who we are. The biggest difference in the two is one is temporary and always NEEDING and the other is lasting and whole within itself. We cannot expect something or someone outside of ourselves to make us into something or "fix" our circumstance. Think about this for a moment, really think about it.

The quote "I would rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not" comes to mind. THIS is the difference. When you are true to yourself and purpose and you consider ALL things before pressing forward with a decision, you will be LOVED for all the right reasons, and this is irreplaceable, irrevocable, and genuine. If you are NOT loved, then you have no choice but to say "that is their decision" and really, it doesn't bother you at all because you do NOT control the thoughts, opinions, nor actions of another. But if the very thing you CLING to in this life is the acceptance and praise from another, then your life is based upon tactic and agenda and is meant to build your self-esteem through the eyes of others...do we forget the word SELF in this? This type of mind-set lends itself to destroying "self" and becomes a chaotic pattern of self-sabotage because in essence, you are turning control over your life and your happiness to another...but hey, NOW you have an object of blame. It can't be YOUR fault. After all, you made SURE you were EVERYTHING you THOUGHT that person wanted and needed, right? And so the pattern repeats itself with each new esteem-building target.

Today's message I guess would be to OWN yourself, your life, your decisions, your LOVE. Do what is within your OWN power to change worry into opportunity, a stressful circumstance into a winning one, and do NOT hang who you are upon the esteem of another. Laugh often, love much, give freely, and don't EXPECT anything in return.

“If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.”
Albert Einstein.

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
Winston Churchill

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”
Dr. Seuss

“Self-sabotage is when we say we want something and then go about making sure it doesn't happen.”
Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby

Love ya'll BIG BUNCHES!! Have a prosperous day!

Signed,
Living WHOLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment