Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Monday, September 19, 2011

The WISE follow a star....

Good morning!

Well, I gotta tell ya'll, I had a chance to view the Part II of the message that I urged you all to watch last week by T.D. Jakes, and AGAIN, this man hits it out of the park. There is something very remarkable about that man. It's one thing to "generalize" to place yourself and your life into a scenario that is presented, it is quite another to use the exact verbiage in description, the exact scenario in thought, and to feel as though there is another human being plucking your very thoughts straight from your head!! Without fail, and most times, after-the-fact, this man's message will match mine and his words boomerang back at me like an echo. Gives me chills! So if you happened to visit lightsource.com at my urging, and found something within that message you could attach yourself to, please go there again and catch part II of that message..some very powerful stuff right there!!

At any rate, I am plugging along, finding something to be grateful for everyday, and brainstorming my next move!! I spoke briefly in my last blog of the advice of a friend who had given me an idea for a "leaping off point" in an endeavor, for which I was a bit confused on the venue. His idea was a very good idea; however, these days, I seem to be thinking on a much grander scale and figure "go big or stay home" so I took it a step further because the "expanded" idea will also cover a wish of mine I have had for most of my adult life. Wish me "good fate" and believe for me, okay? Thanks.

Leaving our comfort zone is an initially scary thing to do, but I have done this several times lately and have found very positive things in it. And once the initial "I can't believe I just did that" wears off, things just begin to progress in that apprehensive direction you have taken and then you think "why didn't I do this a long time ago!" The perspective that you gain is new, fresh, and exciting...you are learning something new and avenues begin to appear and you begin to find yourself saying "I think I'll take this one and just see where it leads me." Your courage begins to build to the point where your attitude adjusts to a "the sky is the limit" mentality and you begin to think "eh, baby-steps are for BABIES"...I am a big girl/boy! I need to take TWO for every ONE I used to take, cuz I GOT SOME CATCHIN' UP TO DO!! So if you find that that avenue you decided to travel doesn't quite get ya there, just stay the course, travel in the same direction...you WILL arrive eventually. Be patient, it may take you a little longer having to take an alternate route, but just concentrate on the view along the way...it may seem arduous at times, but just think that the little bit of extra time on your journey may show you some things you may have missed taking the straighter shot!! Some of us have even CHOSEN the scenic route before just to be able to travel outside of the chaotic bustle of traffic. And we ALL know, that when we are in a HURRY to get anywhere, something ALWAYS gets in the way!! Take your time, enjoy the ride, take in the view...but remain true to the destination and KNOW that you WILL make it there. Focus and concentrate on the GOAL, don't be swayed from it, don't be lax about what it takes to get there, don't get discouraged when you don't make it there at YOUR appointed time...and DON'T throw your hands in the air and forget about it when the goin' gets a little tough and you feel your strength is waning...just rest a bit and set out AGAIN. Even God rested!! BUT HE doesn't give up--and the proof of that is in the constant internal dialog that goes on inside of all of us..our conscience, our weighing pros and cons, our need to find a balanced outcome in all things. REST and LISTEN...there will plenty of time for celebrating and talking when you GET THERE!!

"Every moment of one's existence, one is growing into more or retreating into less."~Norman Mailer.

"A ship in a harbor is safe, but that is not what a ship is built for."~Unknown.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."~Theodore Roosevelt.

"I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move."~The Bible, Matthew 17:20

Well, I guess that is all I have to say today. Other than...happy travels!!

No comments:

Post a Comment