Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The purpose of reading glasses.....oye vey...

Well, it is another soggy and dreary day here in neverland...geez..  Checked my facebook, brewed my coffee, had my first morning "additional nail in the coffin"...not really all that awake yet, but the blog must go on.  I guess I will start with something that has been (YESSSS...bugging me)...how bout saying what you mean and meaning what you say,  and here's a pristine idea....THINKING before you do any of that!  Since this has been on my mind a great deal lately, I figured I'd let it drop.  You ever meet people who seem to have a talent for saying things or doing things....AND then when it is not taken in a way they would "expect" you to take it...then the backpeddling starts...oh and this annoying little habit takes on MANY forms doesn't it...from being overly helpful, overly attentive, or coming back with "words"  or actions meant to smooth things over...there is really never any sincere apology or outward recognition of the insult, but rather just some stupid attempt to make you forget it was said or done or put your "mind" on a different track NOW so that it can steep later.  And the only recognition they care about is the "defense of the delivery"...by saying it was a joke...but oddly enough, I have an epic sense of humor and I ain't laughin'..k?  If I am offended and all you can do is defend yourself and then later say or do something that should have been said or done to begin with...before you felt it so pertinent to turn it into a JOKE, then yeah....... that turns into a pet-peeve of mine...My take on this:

The initial words were meant to be a "dig"..not a joke.  The action was meant to send a message, it wasn't a "mistake".  And then the backpeddling...well that could mean any number of things....but to be sure it is not for  YOUR benefit.  There is something almost subliminal about acts such as this...and you begin to see a pattern, and that pattern begins to take the form of "assisting you in tearing yourself down."  It seems that whenever you begin to feel good about yourself for something and you begin to show the re-emergence of your self-esteem, recognition of your self-worth, and/or you do something that you are proud of yourself for...these people will drop their little "poison comments" into your soil, hoping you will internalize them, cultivate them, and actually nurture them to take root so that this one small victory can be theirs.  Really??? Are you serious right now?  Just asking......

The great thing about getting older is that you have to hold things a little farther away from you to be able to read them clearly...distance = 20/20 vision.  And you know what...I ain't mad..  Blessings come in many forms, it just takes a mind willing to look deep enough into it to turn what was meant to strip you into something profitable for you.  So I take this opportunity to thank any and all of you who find this kind of thing necessary.  I WILL find the good in it...which was once my weakness...now becoomes my strength!
 
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."~Albert Einstein.

No comments:

Post a Comment