Years add wisdom, difficulties build strength, love moves mountains, tears nourish growth, dreams reveal purpose, character buries superficiality...Truth IS.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Here's to new beginnings...our "springs"

What is up people!!

Looks like it's gonna be another beautiful day here and I hope whereever you are reading this from, it is just as beautiful there for you!! Boy some nice weather here has been way LOOONG overdue. It has been an especially long and tough winter...spring has had to FIGHT its way through this year..I think we have had just a handful of days of upwards of 60-degree temperatures and sunshine...the seasonal affect disorder is a little slow in leaving this year too...Everything is late...I have not even turned over my flower garden soil yet...Usually, I am on my hands and knees, elbow-deep in dirt on that one isolated 60-degree day we get in April sometime. I did notice yesterday while meandering around my yard that there were two bunches of these beautiful little blue wild flowers growing on either side of my sidewalk and two little bunches of them growing right out of either side of the first step...right through the concrete!! This struck me, as every year, I sit on my porch and look over at my next-door neighbor's yard where there is a patch of these delicate-looking blooms and I say every year.."Awe, I want some of those." I have had to severely CUT my spending budget this year and that means even for my outside botany projects... :( Usually, neither money nor time is an object in adorning my home with bright and beautiful jewelry of nature. I had no choice but to look at these almost strategically-placed blooms that I had often admired in my neighbors yard flanking my sidewalk and upon that first step to the entry-way of my home as a little gift, just for me. It appears that they are beginning to spread to the crack between the first step and the end of the sidewalk as well...and I will just let them do so. How beautiful will that be. Nature's welcome mat. I will upload a pic and share once it has filled itself in. :)

This is pretty much an example of the nuances in life that most pass by and not give a single thought to. These are the smallest of things, but yet this had a HUGE impact on my attitude, my happiness, my self-esteem, and gave me the feeling that something bigger than I just KNEW that I would notice this seemingly coincidental "little" thing and treat it as I have...a little gift--that it would make me smile and let me know that even if I CAN'T...well, you get the idea. This is WHY I ALWAYS try to keep my heart in the right place, because if I do, I will be met there EVENTUALLY..(still workin' on that "patience" thingy)!!

Strange as it may sound to some...these tiny little things give me courage, faith, and hope and have the BIGGEST impact on me overall. They convince me that even when I feel the most alone, I'm not...when I feel I've lost my voice, I am listened to..when I feel sad, they make me smile...and that something (whatever you may choose to call it) KNOWS me so well. Don't overlook the "simple"...there is nothing more simple than ONE....and nothing contains more POWER. Don't misinterpret the saying "there is more strength in numbers"...as in these said "numbers", there has to be like-mind, like-goals, like work-ethic...in order to exhibit any kind of strength whatsoever..which would then make them a collective of sorts...a group..."A GROUP" singular...ONE. Lets go back to the beginning...the simple,it is there that the meaning to anything is found. Let those lessons that hindsight teach you how to look for something amazing NOW. I mean, isn't that what it's purpose is??

Much Love to all who stop by and read my ramblings and goings-on...a quote from a dear musician friend of mine.."Playing to 2 or 200, it doesn't matter, what matters is the REASON WHY I do it." So although readership would encourage me in my PURPOSE, the purpose stands in itself. It is a purging of thought that relates to lessons I've learned, and if ONE person reads, can relate, or feel encouraged, less alone, more valuable...then that is just a BONUS!! Embrace the day, breathe the air, notice the hint of fragrance in it, feel the soft breeze, listen to the song that nature sings..I guarantee, it will put a spring in your step and make you glad to be ALIVE!!

“God allows us to experience the low points of life in order to teach us lessons we could not learn in any other way. The way we learn those lessons is not to deny the feelings but to find the meanings underlying them.”~Stanley Lindquist.

No comments:

Post a Comment